It sets a guideline that both you and I can refer to once the project has started.
– Who is the target audience?
– What is the overall tone you want to project? What is the key message you want delivered?
– Do you have examples to clarify your likes or dislikes? Secret boards on pinterst are an easy way to share these examples.
– What are you getting designed or illustrated? Include details like number of pages, format, medium preference, etc.
– What information needs to be included in the project (text, logos, photographs) and are they ready to go?
– Is this item to fit within an existing style (provide examples) or do you need a new style created? What other applications will or does the style apply to?
– Are there branding requirements I need to consider? Ex: colour schemes, typefaces, paper stock, etc.
– What are the deadlines on this project?
– How will your target audience receive the design/illustration? Ex: mail, brochure stand, web, etc.
– What are the print requirements? Do you need me to co-ordinate pre-press and printing?
– Who will I be dealing with on a day to day basis? How many people will be involved in the final approval of the project?
– What is the project budget?